Buzz!: The Music Quiz (2005)
N/A Relentless Software
Buzz brings the music game-show to your living room, testing your music trivia and buzzer skills. Included with the game are a set of four bespoke buzzers which lets four people play right away, and provides an interface that even a techno-zero would understand.
'Buzz' is your host, complete with an all-knowing smile, a catchphrase, a glamorous assistant called 'Rose' and his very own theme tune. You can select a playable contestant to suit your personal music taste, choose from 16 different characters including a pop diva, a rocker, a punk, an Elvis and a disco dude.
There are over 1,000 music clips ... all international chart-toppers from the 1950s through to 2005 ... and over 5,000 questions to test your knowledge, either by playing solo in a fast paced single-player mode or with your friends in the multiplayer game. You can choose to play in short bursts, or over a longer period if you want to. All wins and losses can be saved to memory cards if you need to refer to them at a later date!
- A nice simple round to start off with which lets you build up some points to lose ... or build on - in later rounds.
- If you see the right answer appear onscreen, then Buzz in as fast as you can. Beware though; you'll need lightning reactions to beat your competitors.
- The quicker you buzz, the more points you'll see.
- Whether you know the answer or not is irrelevant. More importantly, who do you think doesn't know? This is your opportunity to get your rivals to answer the questions you don't want to.
- Answer the question correctly to pass the bomb to the next contestant, but don't get caught holding it as it goes off.
- Time to seek revenge on those that have crossed you in the past.
- Good hand-eye co-ordination and an aptitude for inane trivia are all that's required for this round. This is a pass or play round, so Buzz in if you want no-one else to have the chance to answer the question if you know it, and pass if you don't.
- The final round, so there is everything to play for here. Buzz in as soon as you know the answer, but watch out as hastiness could be a bad move: if you don't know the answer, you'll lose points.
- And finally, a game-show would not be a game-show without the ubiquitous Tie-Breaker where you'll be quizzed all the way to the leader-board. Just remember, points make prizes!