TimeSplitters: Future Perfect (2005)
Electronic Arts Free Radical Design
TimeSplitters Future Perfect marks the return of one of the most critically acclaimed console first-person shooters, where victory is in the hands of the player's past, present, and future selves in a battle that stretches throughout time.
In TimeSplitters Future Perfect, humanity is on the brink of destruction from the malevolent TimeSplitters. Cortez-the tough-as-nails hero from previous installments-finds himself in a frantic race against time in a desperate bid to trace the origin of the TimeSplitters. With the help of some familiar faces Cortez must chase a mystery foe across different time periods to trace the origins of the TimeSplitters and save the day.
TimeSplitters Future Perfect is set in multiple time periods, placing gamers in different areas of the world during the 1920s, 1960s, 1990s, and in the near and distant future. The re-creation of specific time periods enables players to enjoy unique gameplay elements such as weapons, gadgets, characters, and environments unique to those time periods. The ability to time travel will sometimes cause time paradoxes resulting in gamers meeting and assisting past and future versions of themselves. Players will also have the ability to correct the mistakes made in the past or team up with past and future versions of themselves in climatic battles.
- An improved Story mode ties all the missions together, immersing gamers in an epic adventure between the years of 1914 and 2401. A single player Co-op mode allows you to play with a time travel companion throughout Story mode.
- The extensive Arcade mode features endless hours of gameplay from mini-games to extra bonus content and challenge maps.
- Players get the best rankings in Challenge mode to unlock special items and brag about scores to their friends.
- Multiplayer mode allows gamers to battle in 16-player death match or co-op play online on the PlayStation 2 game console. With Online play gamers can create their own tournaments or play in arcade leagues.
- Hundreds of unlockables can be used in all gameplay modes with new characters, weapons, and maps.
- An improved map-maker interface allows gamers to create maps more easily. Maps can be shared and played online with other players.
- Innovative "meet yourselftime travel gameplay lets players be their own ally by teaming up with past and future versions of themselves. Gamers are warned to be careful of time paradoxes!
- The game features more realistic environments, spectacular special effects, high quality animated cut scenes, an improved physics engine, and smarter enemy AI.
- Players blast their way through time with more weapons and gadgets. From a gravity gun, which can levitate objects, vehicles and people, to rocket launchers and machine guns, the game will feature a more than 20 different weapons.
- Gamers will have the ability to take control of land vehicles such as trucks, tanks, and cars equipped with weaponry.
||Split Screen, Internet, System Link